Follow by Email

Thursday, February 11, 2016

It's a Blog POP!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Welcome everyone!

I am excited to be participating in the Blog POP that Jo of the Fat Quarter Gypsy has organized!  Have you been to the other blogs?  I have really enjoyed the other blog posts, I hope you have too!

Have you seen a Pop Up in action? Click here to see it on the Fat Quarter Gypsy FB page. (and while you are there, "like" the page, too!)

I couldn't wait to get my hands on a Pop-up pattern and kit!  I knew just what I wanted to make with it!  A baby themed Pop-up! Nurseries decorated in a jungle theme or Noah's Ark are classic.

I used several animals for my Pop-up.  The dies I used for the appliques were purchased from Accucut Education.  Visit there site here. I used the "Zoo Friends" set of dies. Mine is an older set that includes a hippo as well. (For GO! owners--Studio dies do NOT work in your machine. Sorry)


As you can see, I filled it with all sorts of goodies. Just perfect for a baby shower gift.  The new mom can then use it to store all sorts of goodies within arms reach of where ever she needs it! I think it would be great to store some cotton balls, wipes and diaper creme in. Another idea is to fill it with small baby toys such as rattles and teething rings. The ideas are endless!







I do my applique by hand, but the appliques are able to be applied by machine as well. Where I have used a back stitch, the appliques are perforated to make this easier. All my appliques come with paper backed fusible already applied. I like Heat N Bond featherlight. It does not "gunk up" a machine and is very easy to sew by hand. If you prefer needle turn applique the shape is cut out with freezer paper and ironed onto fabric for you to cut around.

Have you been to my website to see all the applique shapes I have available?  You can visit it here. You can send me your fabric to cut into specific shapes or you can order shapes in a certain color and I will use fabric I have on hand. I am a "pre-washer", so any fabric I use of mine will be pre-washed.  I have better success with the fusible adhering to the fabric if all the chemicals have been washed out. I also treat the fabric with Retayne, so I know that bleeding will not be an issue.

I also pre-cut pieced quilts. I have hundreds of dies and can cut most patterns. I do require, however, that you OWN the pattern. Copyright is very important. 

Email me today to get started on your pre-cut kit!

Rose@customquiltkits.com

To enter the Blog Pop contest--all I need is for you to comment below on how you would decorate your pop up. Would you use appliques? A pattern?  What colors would you decorate with?

Also, if you can't find the Pop up spring and pattern at your LQS, you can order from Jo's website. This project was quick and easy and I highly recommend you give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by!  Good luck!
Rose







35 comments:

  1. I think a quilt block or i really liked the braid i seen.... happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a scrappy pop up would be pretty. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your nursery Pop-Up but no babies for anyone I know in the foreseeable future. I like hand applique but can machine piece much faster so I think a pieced Pop-Up is for me! Thanks for the giveaway chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your animal appliqués which are perfect for baby nursery. I think I would like to do one with robot appliqués in bright colors for a grandson. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to make a pop up. I think the idea is fabulous. I like appliqueing a child's name or a monogram. Judi969@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would make one appliquéd with baseballs for my sons room. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would make one appliquéd with baseballs for my sons room! They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Melissa! Mo chose comment #8 as the winner--and that's you!
      Rose

      Delete
  8. So very cute' you do such amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to make a few pop ups, and may do flower applique for one in my bathroom. Thanks for the fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would make a pop up with some colorful Yo Yo flowers & it could be a perfect place to save my 2 1/2" squares/blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your applique's are adorable on this pop-up. I have really enjoyed each of the Blog's and their creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would use flowers from my GO dies. Thanks for sharing and for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Rose, I'm excited about the blog! I would like to make a pop up of quilted, colorful shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My pop-up would be appliqued with flowers of all colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pop ups are adorable! A great item to catch all those odds and ends that need to be picked up before I vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many possibilities. Your appliqués are cute. I would decorate mind with kanzashi flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd like to decorate it with hearts and flowers! BTW, I love your name...I'm a Rose too. Thanks and God bless! ILuvTheEucharist (at) aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would decorate mine animals that live in the woods to use the pop up in my camper, also would use earth tone colors to make the pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I would decorate mine with a scrappy patchwork design in bright colors to hold my clover clips and other tools when I am binding a quilt in front of the television with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would put stars on mine and maybe the moon. Looks pretty handy. sewfabrics@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to applique initials on some!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would applique hearts on them. In shades of dark reds and maroon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like mixing patchwork with appliqués. I can think of so many things to do with the pop ups!
    cathylouwilson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pop up is precious. I have 2 baby showers coming up and one theme is elephants which I would machine embroider a pattern I just purchased from Charming Station - it's done on mylar to make it a bit shiny! Thanks so much for the chance to win! :)
    Debby E
    samtaylorcjsmimi at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Appliques are a great idea. I would use an orphan block to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your appliques are so cute. I think I would make me in a scrappy design. Would be a good way to use up my ever growing stash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Elephants are the theme of my grandson's nursery, so I would applique an elephant on his pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think Applique would be awesome. I would like maybe a butterfly, and maybe yellow and blues. Have a great day, and thanks for sharing. dawnm1993(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are such cute characters and would add so much for a child. I have got to get the basic pattern and get started.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i want to make a pop up with applique weenie dogs. i love pop ups and i love weenie dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have a stack of small paper pieced blocks that would be lovely on a pop-up!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yours is so cute. I would put sewing stuff on mine.

    ReplyDelete