Follow by Email

Saturday, February 20, 2016

A big announcement...and I need your help!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Hello Everyone!

I am so excited to tell you about a business trip I took to Charlotte, NC yesterday!

I have had my eye on a laser cutting system for several years for my business. They are expensive. I also have 2 children that I was scared to have such equipment around (I can see Mo putting Chi in the machine, closing the lid and pressing the power button...)


Epilog is the brand that I like most. There are other terrific brands out there, but this one is close (well, Charlotte, NC is 2.5 hours away) and the customer service is top notch.  

My machine should arrive sometime next month.  I'm SO excited...can you hear my excitement? I literally couldn't sleep last night. This machine will allow me to cut ALL applique patterns.  It will allow me to do so much more! I will be able to cut plastic (think templates, rulers, quilt stencils) glass (I plan to etch quilt patterns on wine glasses, coffee mugs and YETI cups!). I will also be able to etch your logo onto cups, mugs, etc. What an awesome gift for your favorite customer! I can also engrave wood and cork.  I see some quilt themed cork coasters in my future. On display in the showroom the rep had etched the marble floor in the doorway. My fireplace in my studio remodel is going to have some etched granite on the hearth...

Oh, the ideas are endless...

But I need your help!

I would LOVE to start a block of the month (or every other week, if that is what the group decides), but I need some suggestions. Remember, I will be able to cut ANY pattern. I will not be limited to the dies I own or can have created (custom dies are SO expensive!) I will have to get permission from the pattern designer, but that usually isn't a problem. Suggestions need to be patterns that I can still order--either from a distributor or from the designer directly.

Please...please...please...

Post comments WITH links to patterns that you would like to see offered as a BOM.  Also, can I ask another favor???? Can you send a shout out to all your quilty friends on FB, Instgram, Pinterest, quilt guilds, etc. and ask for their input? They can also sign up for my newsletter on my website by clicking here, that way we stay in touch!

Thank you for all your help and support as I start down this new path!

Rose


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is very exciting!!! I will look around and see what BOM's are out there. There is a lot of buzz about the Row by Row book. Have you considered teaming up with a magazine publisher? You could offer kits for the patterns they publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you wrote about this cutter! I started out looking at a Brother, then KNK. I had decided on the latter but now I need to check yours out. As far as applique bom, I like doing antique quilt re-creations. Im doing 2 at once right now but I can squeeze yours in too!

    ReplyDelete