I have to make this quick! My mom has both boys and she says she is on the way over. If I don't get this done now, who knows when it will get done!
I visited two quilt shows this summer. The Bedford Quilt Guild Show is in the local library. Being a librarian by day, I was in heaven! The Rockbridge Co. Quilt Guild host their show at the local county fair. I tried to interest my boys in the farm animals. My 2 year old wouldn't even get near the barns! Such city boys. My husband I and I both grew up in the country, so I find their trepidation of large farm animals a little humorous. But I digress...
Here are the pics of the Bedford show! Enjoy! (If someone can help me load the pics right side up, I would be forever grateful!)
And the pics from the Rockbridge Show:
1. Returning customers now get 25% off every order. The only catch is that I don't know how to do this through the shopping cart on my webpage (more technology, ugh!), so you have to email me and tell me what you would like to order. I will send you a paypal invoice to be paid that reflects the 25% off. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. If you are thinking about a custom kit order for Christmas, you need to book a space now. I'm filling up quickly.
3. If you suggest a LQS to send a complimentary sample to, and they place an order, I will send you a sample of what they ordered. For example, you suggest LQS, I send them some sample kits. They place an order for 10 kits. I send you a kit like they ordered. FOR FREE! just for suggesting your favorite store. Send the name of the store and address/contact info to me at email@example.com.
4. I'm getting ready to start an applique of the month club. You would sign up for the club and every month I would send you a package of appliques. I'm thinking right now 12 appliques per package for $5. Your invoice would come via Paypal. As soon as you pay it, I ship your package. If you decide one month that you don't want that particular package of appliques, you can let me know. You don't want to miss it! Search Custom Quilt Kits in the FB search bar and "like" me to stay up to date. I made the announcement on my FB page the other day and in several forums I belong to, and had a VERY positive response. I will be sending out Christmas appliques in October, so SIGN UP now--just send me an email or "like" my page and send me a note. Here is a list of what I will be sending out:
-October 2012: Christmas lights
-February: Easter eggs
-March: Baby feet
-April: Baby hands
-May: Flags and stars
-June: flip flops
-July: fall leaves
-August: birthday cakes
-September: 3" Alphabet set
5. Speaking of Facebook, I am still doing my "likes" contest. Every time I hit a multiple of 10 likes, I give away a free kit. My next multiple is 100 and not only will someone win a free kit, but everyone who has "liked" my page will get a 10% off discount for 10 days. I like multiples of 10--makes the math easier! As of today, I'm only 3 "likes" away from 100!!!!
Until next time---